Spring is all about new growth, new beginnings, freshness and color! After the winter’s chill and darkness, we emerge in new light, stretch our limbs, take in a deep breath and grow! This is the time to create new projects, shed layers of extra ‘weight’ (figuratively and actually!) and get moving!
This is more so (than January 1st) the time to create new activities and habits, the time to actually design your life. Create more relaxation and fun, start eating higher quality foods, or move your body to get the energy and conditioning it needs. What is it you want to create for yourself? How do you want to feel? What new ways & beings can be started this spring so you are living more in alignment with the life you desire? Better than a New Year’s revolution, Spring is the time to create a New You revelation!
Here are 5 steps you can take to create sustainable change in your life-
* Consider WHY do you want to make a change- Do you feel it in your body (like an emotion stirred) when you think of this? If you are clear about your own intrinsic motivation you are more apt to stick with it! Clarify your motivation and keep it as a reminder.
* Create SMART goals- Make your goals Specific, Measurable, Action-oriented, Realistic, and Time defined. This will help with keeping on track and defining next steps.
* Set a plan- Scheduling and planning are your friends! Use your planner to set appointments to start taking the actions that will help you successfully move toward your goal. Break down into doable steps (smaller if those are seemingly overwhelming)
* Get support- Tell everyone, surround yourself with others up to the same thing, get a coach.
* Take immediate action- No better time then the present to take your 1st step! What will that be? Ditch the negative thoughts and start growing now!
Springing to life isn’t an easy task, but with some planning and nurturing it is doable. Sometimes a seed is dormant for months, often years, but when the conditions are right, the new leaves begin to grow. What conditions do you need to flourish? As always, I am here to support, happy to help you clearly define how to apply these steps to your life! To your best health and well-being!